Black Friday is vastly approaching and yes, you need a game plan. According to recent research Black Friday has grown faster in South Africa than any other country in the world. Last year was the first time I took advantage of Black Friday Sales, and if you remember I also made a list on my grid last year to make it easy for planning. This year is no different and I have your back, unfortunately not your wallet. For the last two weeks I have been uploading all the Black Friday participating brands on https://www.instagram.com/hudson_dk_closet
This way you have all the names of participating brands and it gives you time to check out what they have online and make a list of need and wants. Now let’s get back to the game plan that you need in place. Here are some tips on getting the deals on Black Friday:
1. Have a plan. I cannot stress this enough. It is very important to distinguish the need, want and can afford categories. There will be a lot of beautiful offers that can entice you, so have a clear plan – write it down and be accountable.
2. Choose a secure way to make payment- with all the scams that are running, and especially this time of the year, you need to be careful. Pay pal, Snapscan, all credit card payments that ask for a one time pin are credible.
3. Make sure that you also read up on the delivery costs and return policy’s- do your homework, before you make an impulsive decision that you might regret later.
4. This might be useful when purchasing from big corporations; make sure that there are no hidden costs involved.
5. Very important- sit down with your pamphlets and compare deals and lastly only buy from reputable retailers.