Cooking a Beetroot Risotto in just 7 minutes? Impossible! No, no it isn’t. If you have an Instant Pot anything is possible. Remember when you were dating your partner and they would always try and show off their culinary skills? well my husband use to make risotto for me at least once a week. And then we got married and then the kids came and then it just took too long to make a risotto. On two occasions we tried making beetroot risotto, the normal way or the purple apples as Hudson calls them and it was just a mess. My hands were stained and it just seemed to get on everything in the kitchen. I cant describe how elated I was when I saw that McCain introduced the new diced beetroot.
This is probably the easiest to make, and I guess I am now fulfilling the role of the chef in risotto making. So what will you need? we have the following Instant Pot Duo 6l
On my page I have mentioned how amazing this appliance is, and many of you also shared your enjoyment in using it. You will need the following:
1 Bag of McCain Diced Beetroot
1 Red onion
2 cups of vegetable stock
1 cup of Risotto
Parmesan Cheese for Garnish
Spring onion for Garnish
A little bit of olive oil for cooking
- Take your diced beetroot and steam it for 7 minutes in the microwave.
- Take your red onion and chop it up
- Turn your Instant Pot on and put the setting on Sauté
- Sauté your red onion in some olive oil until its soft
- Add your one cup of risotto
- Add your two cups of vegetable stock
- Close your Instant Pot with the pressure valve to seal. Cook on Manual Pressure Hi for seven minutes and let it stand for a few minutes after you have released the pressure valve.
- While you are waiting for the risotto to cooke, take your diced beetroot and use a hand blender stick or blender to blend well.
- Add the blended beetroot to your risotto and gently stir through.
- Ready to plate! plate your risotto, add the parmesan and add your chopped spring onion.
- The above can serve five-six people.
- You can make this dish as a starter to your main meal. Or have it as a side dish that people can have with other dishes.