Are you and your family doing Meat free Monday’s? If yes, then this meal will be a hit. It is one of Jamie Oliver’s recipes from his Cook book 7 Ways, and I changed it just a bit, to make it easier, but still keeping it healthy at the same time. You will find the video on my grid, to show you step by step.
McCain Garden Spinach
New McCain diced potato
Curry Paste ( I used a Butter Chicken curry Paste)
1 Onion (chopped)
Olive oil for frying
Chutney of your choice
Cilantro for garnish
Salt and pepper to taste
- Steam your veggies (spinach and potato in the microwave or stove top) Remember to check the back of the package for instructions
- Fry your chopped onion- until cooked.
- Add two table spoons of curry paste (depending on how strong you want it).
- Fry until you smell the curry
- Add your spinach and potato and stir, then mash it all together.
- Warm up your griddle pan and butter both sides of your Pita bread, you can also warm up your Pita bread in the microwave or oven.
- Stuff your Pita with the spinach and potato mix.
- For your dipping sauce- add two tablespoons of yoghurt and two table spoons of chutney and mix.