I was so excited to see how many people wanted to know more about the series. I know too well that one gets tired from making the same dishes every week. So this week I will be cooking from Jamie Oliver’s Book called 7 Ways. A few of the recipes I have adapted. All of the recipes are healthy and rich in everything that your body needs.
Ingredients: Serves 4
1.5 litre veg or chicken stock (I used Ina Paarman’s stock)
1 head of broccoli
1 onion (I used a red onion- because I had some in the pantry and it had to be used)
2 anchovy fillets in oil (you can leave this out of you want to)
300 g risotto rice (I used Tastic) (I used 1 cup)
Half a bunch of flat leaf parsley (I couldn’t find the flat leaf parsley, so just used the parsley I could find at the shop)
1 lemon (I used lime juice )
60g Gorgonzola Cheese (I used Parmesan cheese)
The following is how he does it on the stove – But I will be doing it in my Instant pot.
- Bring the stock to a gentle simmer over low heat. Trim the rough ends of the broccoli stalk. Cut florets into small pieces and finely chop the remaining stalk.
- Peel and finely chop the onion, place in a large pan on medium heat with the broccoli and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Cook for 10 minutes until softened, then stir in the anchovies, followed by the rice to toast for 2 minutes.
- Add a ladle of stock and wait until it’s been fully absorbed before adding another, stirring constantly and adding ladlefuls of stock until the rice is cooked- it will need 16-18 minutes.
- Halfway through stir the broccoli.
- Tear the leaf off the parsley into a pestle and mortar and pound into a paste with a pinch of salt.
- Squeeze in half the lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Grate some cheese on top- stir- pour over the parsley and lemon mixture-
- Turn off the heat and let it stand for 2 minutes.
When using the Instant Pot- I will be making it exactly as I made the Beetroot Risotto- find the link here. It should take me 10-20 minutes to make the above recipe in the Instant Pot. I will make a recording and post it for you on Instagram.
And this is the end result
Happy Cooking everyone!