It is time that we start to rethink sun protection. The most common thinking behind sun protection is that we only need to be vigilant about it during the hot summer days. When in fact we have to incorporate sun protection into our daily routine. NIVEA has always been my go to for sun care products. I have been using their products for years. Bonus is that NIVEA Sun is the World’s No.1 sun care brand. It offers a very comprehensive range of effective sun protection that suits each and every individual’s needs. Whether it is moisturising sun protection that also doubles up as caring for your skin, facial UV protection, sun care for the kids that love swimming, or light-feeling sprays and roll on. You will find a product that will work for you. Last year I started using the NIVEA SUN UV Face Anti-age & Anti-Pigment SPF 50 and the NIVEA SUN UV Face Shine SPF 50. The NIVEA SUN UV Face Shine SPF 50 is a game changer if you have oily skin. It absorbs excess oil from the surface of the skin. It mattifies, which means you will also be able to get that matt finish after you’ve applied your make up. It prevents fine lines and does not leave your skin with a sticky residue.
If you are over the age of 30 then I can highly recommend the NIVEA SUN UV Face Anti-age & Anti-Pigment SPF 50. Even though your daily moisturiser contains SPF, it is not enough to protect your skin from the sun. I love the fact that the sunscreen absorbs easily and it does not leave a sticky residue on either my face or hands. It also helps prevent sun induced ageing and fine lines. It contains natural antioxidants and Q10 to support the skin as it protects itself against sun damage. 0% white residue, and it leaves your skin silky smooth and fresh. You can continue with your make up routine as per normal, without worrying that the sunscreen will change the way that your make up looks.
Kids & the Sun
Please remember that children’s skin is extremely sensitive to the sun. Their skin is one fifth of the thickness of adult skin and its protective layer is also much thinner. As parents we encourage our children to be more active and to play outdoors, rather than to sit inside with their electronics to keep themselves occupied. It is thus our duty to make sure that they are sun protected at all times.
Did you know?
- The first 18 years of our life is responsible for 80% of the sun rays that beat down on our skin in an average lifetime.
- UVA rays are able to penetrate the deeper layers of our skin causing skin allergies and premature skin ageing and pigmentation.
- UVB rays are what causes skin darkening or tanning. But too much UVB can be dangerous to the skin causing sunburn and can lead to skin cancer years later
- Children under the age of 3 should be kept out of the sun as much as possible. They should wear long sleeve protection clothing in addition to sunscreen.
- UV radiation is at its peak during the middle of the day between 12pm and 2pm.
- You can get sunburn through your car window (UVA rays can penetrate through glass)
- You can get sunburnt on cloudy days.
NIVEA SUN Kids Protect & Care
NIVEA Fun Colour Spray
Hudson loves this Colour Spray. This is of the highest sun protection for children’s delicate skin and is extra water resistant. He has started swimming lessons again, so this is a fun way of getting him hyped up for his swimming lesson.
Since the start of the school year I have included Sunscreen in Hudson’s backpack for school as well as in Levi’s school bag.
NIVEA Coloured Formula Roll on
The above is a convenient roll-on that Hudson can easily use himself. It is also extra water resistant.
NIVEA Sun Care products for the whole family, include the following:
Remember the following:
- Do not forget to reapply NIVEA Sunscreen every two hours and after swimming, towelling and sweating to guarantee reliable sun protection.
- Your daily skincare routine should include wash, moisturise, sun protection and then you apply your make up.
- Establish sun safety habits early on in your child’s life. For example, no sunscreen, no play. Kids need to apply sunscreen every day and re-apply later on in the day.
- Encourage your child to wear a hat and UV sunglasses and protective clothing in addition to sunscreen if they are going to be out in the sun for longer periods.
One lucky winner will receive a NIVEA Sunscreen Hamper, including products for the whole family. Simply follow these steps:
- Be sure to subscribe to my blog, by signing up with your email address.
- Answer this very easy question in the comments of this blog post.
Name one tip mentioned in this post to protect your child from the sun
3. Share this post by tapping on one of the below icons.
5. Giveaway closes in one week!
Remember to use your sunscreen!