As we prepare for a new year, in what seems to be a constantly changing environment, Play-Doh continues to provide kids with shapeable, shareable, tactile play experiences that inspires creativity, exploration & self-expression. Through sensory, imaginative open ended play activities, children can practice some of the foundational skills that are critical for future success and helps younger children prepare for the big, elaborate world. High quality Play-Doh compound is non-toxic and is made up predominantly of simple ingredients including water, salt and flour. As children’s safety is always Hasbro’s top priority, Play-Doh compound undergoes vigorous testing to ensure it meets (and exceeds) all applicable global safety standards and regulations. This is why, after more than 65 years, Play-Doh remains a loved and trusted brand for parents, caregivers and teachers worldwide!
A classroom favourite, Play-Doh combines the fun with essential development and learning benefits. Providing ideal opportunities to practice and nurture kids critical thinking and problem solving, communication, collaboration and creativity skills while exploring a range of topics and skills including language, math, science, social studies, and the arts.
Play-Doh combines the fun with essential development and learning benefits such as :
Creativity & imagination – provides kids with unlimited moulding possibilities and the freedom to explore.
- Grow Curiosity & Cognitive Exploration – by exploring shapes, numbers, colour mixing and more.
- Fine Motor Skill development – all the squishing, rolling, flattening and shaping helps to develop and strengthen hand muscles, which encourages pre-writing and other motor skills. The tactile, hands-on nature of Play-Doh compound can also help encourage development of hand-eye coordination.
- Multi-Sensory Experience – kids learn about their world through touch, sight and smell. Working with Play-Doh is also a very calming and soothing activity, which eases tension, releases extra energy and improves focus and concentration.
- Social Skills & Communication – group Play-Doh activities help develop team work and collaboration such as collaborative problem solving, planning and playing. Children can also learn to effectively engage in individual play sharpening their focus, patience and concentration skills.
Play-Doh tips for parents:
- Guide your child to explore different shapes, forms and colours, which increases curiosity and knowledge while developing their fine motor skills and hand to eye coordination.
- Play-Doh allows children the flexibility to experiment and develop their own stories and leads to innovative, imaginative thinking and increased confidence down the line.
- Engaging in child-adult conversation, assists with communication and vocabulary growth – ask questions and allow your child to practice critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Repetition can be a great way to reinforce the skills you’ve explored. Have fun doing the activities multiple times and in different ways!
Just in time for back to school, enjoy a buy 3 get 1 free promotion on Play-Doh single cans at these retailers (limited time only) – Toys R Us, Toy Zone, Toy Kingdom, Hamleys and Takealot.
Play-Doh is available from Toy Kingdom, Toys R Us, ToyZone, Hamleys, Takealot.com and other major retailers.
All Set for some Play-Doh fun!
#PLAYDOHCHALLENGE22 Is back!
Get hopping into the latest Play-Doh character challenge & create your own Froggie-Doh character!
Share your Froggie-Doh creation on Instagram @playdohza and stand the chance to win some amazing Play-Doh prizes – challenge your friends to share their creative creations!
Some tips to create a Play-Doh frog.
- Gather the materials you’ll need:
- Play-Doh colours including Red or pink ,a light colour i.e. white or yellow, a darker colour i.e. black, green or whichever colour you’d like your frog to be, Toothpick/ fork/ cutter/ beads/ googly eyes.
Skills Match: Enhanced fine motor skill, Improves pre-writing skills, proprioceptive and tactile feedback, enhanced creativity.