The following recipe is from Jamie Oliver’s Cook Book 7 Way. I have adapted the recipe slightly.
1 head of broccoli
4 garlic gloves (YES!!!)
Half a teaspoon of chilly flakes (I will leave this out)
1 jar of mixed peppers (I have a green pepper in the fridge so will be using that)
1 packet of black olives (We have green olives at home that I have to use)
300g of Fusilli Pasta
40g of Parmesan Cheese (I am going to use Cheddar Cheese)
1 tin of tuna (I am going to use 2 tins- I always buy tuna tins when they are on special)
- Trim the tough end of the broccoli stalk. Cut the florets into small pieces and finely chop the remaining stalk.
- Put the above into a pot on medium heat with a tablespoon of olive oil
- Peel and finely chop the garlic with chilli flakes.
- Drain and tear the peppers (I will chop mine up)- Cook for 10 minutes
- Cook the pasta in a boiling salted water. Drain, but keep a mug full of the cooking water.
- Add the pasta to the broccoli pan- grate the parmesan and toss together- loosen up by using the extra cooking water.
- Drain and flake the tuna- season to taste and toss again- add the olives
This is my end result- We had some guests so I added some mix veg to make it more.