About Summer Fashion Flair
Last week I attended the Summer Fashion Flair, hosted by Julie from Off the Rails.
Julie Ranzani is a Cape Town based fashion and trend consultant who started Off The Rails 13 years ago. She has many years previous fashion buying experience with a leading retailer and is passionate about clothes. With a watchful eye on the fashion trends and what the shops have available, Julie can assist you in creating a wardrobe that is stylish yet functional, and within your particular budget. Julie successfully offers custom-made presentations and workshops on seasonal fashion trends which are known to delight her audience and provide informative and insightful analysis of the latest fashion trends. I learned so much from Julie at the event. The key words that I will always remember is “start with the basics and then you do fashion”. What this means is, start with neutral colors and a few must have pieces like a jacket and pants and then add and mix it up with color.
- Geometric print inspiration in monochrome or color
- Florals, leaf print designs in every size and color
- Bright colors, ochre, emerald green, coral, fuschia
- Spots/polka dots are making a comeback
- Stripes in any form or fashion
- Soft pinks and neutral-on-neutral
- Slide on mules in white, color and sporty sliders are key
- Straw, crochet and bamboo bags
Here is some inspiration from Poetry Stores. These looks will be in all stores this week.
Key Items for Summer
- White linen type blazer
- Levi style denim jacket
- White t-shirt
- Striped t-shirt in navy or black
- White cotton shirt
- Denim Jean
- White pants/jean
- Bermuda type shorts
- Skirts in classic prints or plain
- Dresses in prints or plains
- Tan or nude belt, bag and shoes in pumps or sandals
- White leather or canvas sneakers
- Straw hat
To help you achieve the look above, please have a look and support the local vendors that were present on the night.
- Suzi Q email@example.com
- Silva firstname.lastname@example.org
- Iconic email@example.com
- Opulent Africa firstname.lastname@example.org
- Willow Tree Bags https://www.willowtreedesigns.co.za/
- Me & B https://meandb.shop/
- Matsidiso https://matsidiso.com/
- Ruff Tung http://www.rufftung.com/
- Oh Myemail@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sorme email@example.com
- Select Sunglasses firstname.lastname@example.org
Julie also offers services to help you achieve the look perfect for your shape and size.
Wardrobe clear out
Julie will meet you at your home and do a thorough assessment and clear out of your wardrobe (clothes, shoes, accessories, bags).
Based on what is left in your wardrobe, Julie will advise you on how to best coordinate these items into a workable fashionable look.
Together with you, she will then plan your new wardrobe according to your lifestyle and budget. A list of items that need to be purchased will be created.
Cost R475 per hour, estimated time 2 hours depending on extent of wardrobe.
Julie will meet you at a convenient shopping centre (Cavendish Square, Waterfront etc.) having done a pre-shop to ascertain what is in stores and relevant for your wardrobe.
She will assist you by selecting items to try on in store and give you honest and insightful opinions as to fit and style.
Together you will settle on a number of purchases (working off the list created during the wardrobe clear out).
Cost is R475 per hour, estimated time 3 – 4 hours depending on requirements.
Julie will come to your home and re-visit your wardrobe and show you how to combine new purchases with existing garments to ensure that you look fabulous and feel confident!
Cost R475 per hour, estimated time 1hour.
Off The Rails also supplies gift vouchers which are a wonderfully thoughtful and unique gift for a special birthday, Christmas present or any kind of celebration.
Contact Julie for more details.
For this event, two worthy causes were supported:
• The ‘jenna b’ foundation, in support of the fight against rhino poaching;
• The Dress for Success initiative which empowers women in
their work life. Click the links to see how you can support these two causes.
I feel ready and confident knowing what is trending this SS18/19. How about you?